SysOps Notice 2006.06.01

You are a wonderfull person



I know where I want to hang out with what ever free time I may have. Grand Teton National Park and its neighbor, Yellowstone National Park provide all the physical distractions that I think I would need. All four seasons. I can see myself, trudging in the snow, trying to get to an overlook before the sun rises over the eastern edge of the park. Or savorying an ice cold beverage from the portable cooler as the fading summer sun lights the park floor with long shadows.
LAKE JACKSON • Grand Teton National Park
Robert Soelberg (1995)


In a companion blog, "A Greeting From," Family travel post cards are being posted. What a surprise to find Grand Teton and Yellowstone Park locations that I have photographed.

YELLOWSTONE FALLS • Yellowstone National Park
Robert Soelberg (1995)


The locations for Lake Jackson and Yellowstone Falls are easily accesable by motor car and a short walk. The Lake Jackson location has a seating area for probably 1,000 people!

The sunset at Lake Jackson was a happy accident. I had only one day in the park so I scouted this location early in the day and planned my movements around the park to return for the sunset. So much to see, I barely made it back in time. Hurriedly, I set up my tripod/camera next to a woman who was watching her husband fiddle with his wide format field camera. I said hello and mentioned how lucky we were to have a beautiful sunset.

Laughing, she said her husband (and of course herself) had been waiting through five cloudy days.

Timing, Light and Luck.

The Yellowstone Falls is a morning shot and with a steady hand you can match my photo shown above.